SecureTide® blocks unwanted messages and keeps your system free of adware, spyware, and viruses. One of the supplementary advantages of using the SecureTide service is the user-specific Held Spam Report (HSR), which is sent daily to the end-user’s Inbox and is completely customizable through the Customer Portal.
Once the HSR has been activated in the Customer Portal, the user will receive a daily HSR in their mail inbox. (Please note that HSR data is captured from 12 am – 12 pm, i.e., 24-hour cycle.) The following information will be presented:
View, Search, or Sort Report – Link to portal view which displays the total number of spam, viruses, and outbound mail for that day.
Held Spam List – Shows an analysis of each individual message using the following categories: Subject, From, Time, Country, and Size. Messages may also be viewed or released from this list as well. (Please note that all emails expire after 7 days.)
Held Malware List – Provides an analysis of the individual messages (viruses) that were held using the following categories: Subject, From, Time, Country, and Size.
Report Options – Link to portal options which allow you to request a current report, change your email and report settings, and unsubscribe from daily HSR emails.
How To Release A Message From Quarantine
1. Click the Release link next to the message you would like to release.
2. The Web browser will be redirected to the SpamLab Quarantine page. Once the message has been released, a green success pop-up window will appear on your screen. (Note that the Allowed List & Tools section is now expanded.)
3. Select one of the available allowed list options and then click the Submit request to administrator button.
4. Once the request has been submitted to the administrator, a success request will appear in the Allowed List & Tools section.
How To View A Message In Quarantine
1. Click the View link next to the message you want to review/display.
2. You will be redirected to the SpamLab Quarantine page. Simply close the page when finished reviewing the message.
View, Search, Sort Report
1. Click the View, Search, Sort Report link near the top of the HSR.
2. The Web browser will redirect to the SpamLab page. (Note that this page willdisplay all the messages that were displayed in the HSR.) From here, you may view, search, and/or sort messages by four categories: Date, From, Subject, or Country.
3. To hide clutter or known sources of junk from your quarantine list, uncheck the Show Clutter
4. For step-by-step instructions, click the Help menu and Read helpdocumentation submenu to launch the SpamLab Online Help system.
Click the Help menu and the Watch a tutorial video submenu to launch the Support Page, which includes several video tutorials.
Request Current Report
1. Click the Request Current Report link in the Options section.
2. The Web browser will refresh and then display a status message. The most current HSR will be sent to your Inbox within 15 minutes.
3. Simply click the new report in your inbox to view the current HSR.
Change Report Settings
1. Click the Change Report Settings link in the Report Options section.
2. The Web browser will redirect to the SpamLab page, where you may change your email and report settings.
3. If enabled by your administrator, activate Quarantine Alerts for your inbox by selecting the applicable checkbox and then click the Save Changes If a potentially valid email is quarantined, you will receive an email notification.
4. To receive an HSR, select the Send dailyheld spam reports check box. Once selected, the Held Spam Reports section will expand.
5. If you would like to receive multiple current-day reports, choose a frequency option from the Automatically send updated reports every X hours drop-down menu and select the checkbox. (Please note that automated updates are sent Monday through Friday for the current day and these updates include messages quarantined from 12 am to the current time. You will still receive the daily HSR for the previous calendar day.)
6. To receive a report even if no held mail is received, select the Empty Reports check box.
7. Select the appropriate sort option: Date, Country, From, or Subject.
8. To show messages that are from known sources of junk on your HSR, select the Show Clutter
9. The Display messages from all countries option is the default country option. Deselect the button to choose a specific country or group of countries to block or to enable for use in the HSR.
10. If all countries are not selected, a list of included and excluded countries will expand on the HSR page.
11. Clear a specific country check box in the Included Countries list to move it to the Excluded Countries list.
Select a specific country check box in the Excluded Countries list to move it to the Included Countries list.
Select the Exclude All or Include All links to move the all countries to the respective list.
12. Click Save Changes. Once the settings have been saved, a Success pop-up window will appear on your screen.