The IT Support Portal is your one stop shop for all things IT related as well as a place to consolidate all of your different applications for ease of access and use.
The following instructions and screenshots will walk you through logging into the portal, accessing basic information, and opening/viewing tickets. If you would like a more in-depth review of the portal, or if you would like to customize it for your company please reach out to your Executive Engineer to have that conversation.
There are 2 ways you can access the Portal. Through an app in Teams, or directly via a web browser. No matter how you access the portal, the functionality is exactly the same.
Access from within Teams
On the left hand side of your Teams the IT Portal icon will appear. If it has not shown up you can click the 3 dots and click the portal. You will be automatically logged in using your teams account.
Access from a browser
Using any modern web browser (Chrome, Edge, FireFox) go to Https://portal.williamsinnovation.com
On the login page presented click “Microsoft – Log in using your Microsoft work account.”
You will need to login with your Microsoft credentials. In most cases this is your email address and email password.
Using the Portal – Applications Dashboard
Once you have accessed the portal using your preferred method above you will be presented with the IT Portal and defaulted to the Applications Page.
From here you can see the default applications we have configured for your company and have access to the different areas of the portal from the Menu Items on the left. (To have custom web applications listed here open a ticket)
At the top are Business Applications, depending on your services with us this list will vary. Below that is the Cyber Security area where the yearly Cyber Security training can be accessed. Below that is the Office 365 applications that you are licensed for. This will give you quick access to things like Outlook and Teams online.
This portal can be 100% customized with different applications and even branding if needed. Talk with your Executive Engineer for options.
Using the Portal – Company
The Company portal is used for your company specific information. Here is where a shared calendar can be published, you can access the company directory, access and build an internal Knowledge Base, and Send/Receive messages.
- Calendar – Choose a calendar you would like as the company shared calendar and open a ticket to have us make that the default. The calendar is read-only from this view but will present all of the items in an easy-to-read window.
- Directory – This directory is pulled from Office 365 and therefore the information it provides depends on how accurate your user profile inside O365 is. If you want to update your O365 profile you can access this link and add a picture as well as additional contact information.
- https://nam.delve.office.com/ (click on Me in the left menu, then click Update Profile)
- Knowledge Base – While this will be empty to start this is a great place to create a Knowledgebase for your company. This is where you could store procedures/guides for things that you do often. Another great use of this area would be setting us some user training articles for new employees. The sky is the limit and we encourage you to develop this if you are not already using a KB solution elsewhere.
- Messages – This can be used to send/receive messages to other users in the company. These will not show up in teams or email and will only stay in the portal. This will mostly be used for Williams Innovation to send out messages for various things such as patching or notices.
Using the Portal – Support
The support area of the portal is where you can (depending on permissions) manage support tickets (open, view, close, update, respond) and request services such as a New Employee set up, new computer, and other various requests.
The Report a Problem area has various pre-sorted support categories and guided questions so that we get the best information possible in order to immediately start troubleshooting your issue. This is the best way to submit a support ticket.
Using the Portal – University
Williams Innovation is dedicated to empowering our clients. Therefore we have partnered with Bigger Brains to bring the entire O365 training library to our users at no cost. You can take classes on most O365 applications starting from Basic Word to Advanced Excel.
To access these trainings click the University menu then click Courses. The dashboard will have some suggested basic content that we encourage everyone to take but you can use the Categories on the left to sort by a product and then take those classes.
The University portal can also be used for you to build your own internal training classes as well. To set those up please reach out to your Executive Engineer.
The support portal, as presented is very basic and can be extremely customized to fit the needs of your company. We encourage you to use the KB and Training engine to build internal policies, classes, etc. This should be your one stop shop for Training, Support, and Application access.
As always, if you have questions please open a ticket and we will be happy to explain or walk you through anything that may be needed.