The IT Support Portal is your one stop shop for all things IT related as well as a place to consolidate all of your different applications for ease of access and use. The Admin portal adds some functionality over the User portal which is detailed below.
The following instructions and screenshots will walk you through logging into the portal, accessing basic information, and opening/viewing tickets. If you would like a more in-depth review of the portal, or if you would like to customize it for your company please reach out to your Executive Engineer to have that conversation.
There are 2 ways you can access the Portal. Through an app in Teams, or directly via a web browser. No matter how you access the portal, the functionality is exactly the same.
Access from within Teams
On the left hand side of your Teams the IT Portal icon will appear. If it has not shown up you can click the 3 dots and click the portal. You will be automatically logged in using your teams account.
Access from a browser
Using any modern web browser (Chrome, Edge, FireFox) go to Https://portal.williamsinnovation.com
On the login page presented click “Microsoft – Log in using your Microsoft work account.”
You will need to login with your Microsoft credentials. In most cases this is your email address and email password.
Using the Portal – Applications Dashboard
Once you have accessed the portal using your preferred method above you will be presented with the IT Portal and defaulted to the Applications Page.
From here you can see the default applications we have configured for your company and have access to the different areas of the portal from the Menu Items on the left. (To have custom web applications listed here open a ticket)
At the top are Business Applications, depending on your services with us this list will vary. Below that is the Cyber Security area where the yearly Cyber Security training can be accessed. Below that is the Office 365 applications that you are licensed for. This will give you quick access to things like Outlook and Teams online. Below that is the O365 Admin area if you have Admin permissions.
This portal can be 100% customized with different applications and even branding if needed. Talk with your Executive Engineer for options.
Using the Portal – Company
The Company portal is used for your company specific information. Here is where a shared calendar can be published, you can access the company directory, access and build an internal Knowledge Base, and Send/Receive messages.
- Calendar – Choose a calendar you would like as the company shared calendar and open a ticket to have us make that the default. The calendar is read-only from this view but will present all of the items in an easy-to-read window.
- Directory – This directory is pulled from Office 365 and therefore the information it provides depends on how accurate your user profile inside O365 is. If you want to update your O365 profile you can access this link and add a picture as well as additional contact information.
- https://nam.delve.office.com/ (click on Me in the left menu, then click Update Profile)
- Knowledge Base – While this will be empty to start this is a great place to create a Knowledgebase for your company. This is where you could store procedures/guides for things that you do often. Another great use of this area would be setting us some user training articles for new employees. The sky is the limit and we encourage you to develop this if you are not already using a KB solution elsewhere.
- Messages – This can be used to send/receive messages to other users in the company. These will not show up in teams or email and will only stay in the portal. This will mostly be used for Williams Innovation to send out messages for various things such as patching or notices.
Using the Portal – Support
The support area of the portal is where you can (depending on permissions) manage support tickets (open, view, close, update, respond) and request services such as a New Employee set up, new computer, and other various requests. The only difference between this portal for Users Vs. Admins is that Admins can view all tickets for the entire company and not just their own.
The Report a Problem area has various pre-sorted support categories and guided questions so that we get the best information possible in order to immediately start troubleshooting your issue. This is the best way to submit a support ticket.
Using the Portal – University
Williams Innovation is dedicated to empowering our clients. Therefore we have partnered with Bigger Brains to bring the entire O365 training library to our users at no cost. You can take classes on most O365 applications starting from Basic Word to Advanced Excel.
To access these trainings click the University menu then click Courses. The dashboard will have some suggested basic content that we encourage everyone to take but you can use the Categories on the left to sort by a product and then take those classes.
The University portal can also be used for you to build your own internal training classes as well. To set those up please reach out to your Executive Engineer.
Using the Portal – Infrastructure
The Infrastructure area is for Admins to be able to quickly view some information about their company and services.
- Domains – This is a list of all domains that we have records of that is also tied to your Microsoft Tenant.
- Endpoints – This is a list of all of your workstations (Windows Only). Clicking on one of the workstations will list information such as antivirus status, storage usage, approximate location, IP address, logged-in user, and all software installed.
- Servers – This is a list of all of your servers (Windows Only). Clicking on a server will list information such as antivirus status, storage, IP Address, logged-in users, and all software installed.
- Software is just a cumulative list of all software spread across all devices in your infrastructure.
Using the Portal – Compliance
The compliance menu gives Admins access to:
- Policies – These are default policies built by Williams Innovation to give a general view of the different aspects of your Business. These can be tweaked and changed depending on your companies policies.
- Reports – This is where QBR’s and other reports will be stored so that you can access them at any time for review.
- Training – Here, Admins can view which training has been taken by end-users.
- We find that if management creates some incentive for end-users to take the training we have a better adoption rate, here you can see if anyone is taking advantage of the training
Using the Portal – Account
The account area lets you look at various pre-built dashboards for quick over views into your company and how they work, invoices, planner, and quotes.
- Dashboards – This is a collection of pre-built dashboards that will give you a graphical overview of different aspects of your business.
- Compliance – This will list any devices or users that may not be in compliance with the various security policies of your company.
- Covid – This is a dashboard that provides real-time information about Covid from USA Facts. This map is fully interactable.
- Cybersecurity – This dashboard shows an overview of your companies cybersecurity posture.
- Data Governance – This dashboard shows an overview of where data is stored and any Cloud storage that is being used.
- Feedback – This dashboard is an overview of any ratings or surveys your team has provided to our team about our services.
- Infrastructure – Quick overview of all of your endpoints (Windows only) and some statistics about them
- Office 365 – This dashboard shows Office 365 usage and adoption for your company.
- Risk – This dashboard shows alerts about any risks detected for your company. This could be security or performance-related.
- Service – A complete overview of all work we have done for your company.
- You can also add your own dashboards to make a custom dashboard that shows you the information you want to see all on one page.
- Invoices show all invoices that are open/paid. **DISCLAIMER** these will not be accurate as we are not using the invoicing features of our PSA just yet, please ignore any discrepancies at this time.
- Planner – This is used in conjunction with your Executive Engineer to Plan out your IT services over time and schedule meetings. This is still a work in progress and more will be coming later on this.
- Quotes – Shows all open/closed quotes.
The support portal, as presented is very basic and can be extremely customized to fit the needs of your company. We encourage you to use the KB and Training engine to build internal policies, classes, etc. This should be your one stop shop for Training, Support, and Application access.
As always, if you have questions please open a ticket and we will be happy to explain or walk you through anything that may be needed.